Monday, September 20, 2010

Madly.Truly.In Love.

This weekend Elden and I decided to not only celebrate my birthday, but also celebrate our 2 year Anniversary! Elden planned the entire weekend and kept it a secret without giving away any details. I adore surprises. I had taken Thursday-Sunday off work and was throughly looking forward to our weekend getaway. That Thursday morning I had an early doctor apt and got a flu shot. The rest of the weekend I spent sick. Yep, I got the flu from the flu shot! I was completely bummed. Luckily, God gave me an understanding and compassionate Husband. After much TLC, we decided to try to go away for one night.

Our destination was Ludington Michigan. It was a nice 2 hour drive and gave us a chance to do some much needed catching up with one another. When we arrived, Elden told me that we were staying at a Bed and Breakfast. I always wanted to stay at one and looked forward to this stay. The Bed and Breakfast was built in the 1800's and had a parlor complete with a fireplace and a puzzle sitting on a table near by. How perfect is that?!!! We had supper at my Favorite Pizza place called Spankys! They have the BEST bread sticks!!!!!!! Later that night we watched the Sunset over Lake Michigan. Romantic! :) The next day, we toured the city. Ludington has many cute little shops among cobblestone roads. On our way home we stopped at Silver Lake and went to a Light House. I love Old Light Houses. We had a tour and an amazing view!

Although the weekend didn't go as planned, We are thankful we were at least able to do the things we got to do. I am truly blessed and thankful to the Lord for an amazingly thoughtful Husband.
Here are a few pics. :)
                                                              



          
    

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures honey, sorr you were sick. The water looks beautiful and now I know something new about you, you love lighthouses. Love AB

    ReplyDelete