Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter and Vacation Frenzy

I am so Thankful for Easter, Not just for the meaning behind it all. But also for Family. It's a time where we all get together.

I loved (still do) decorating eggs, egg hunting, and Easter Basket Finding growing up.My parents went all out. We got up early, put our dresses on and went to Church. After Church, we went back home to find our Easter Baskets. It was always a fun hunt! Later on we would go to my Aunt Bea's house. She would have the best candy jars all throughout the house. Before our meal, we would go outside to hunt for eggs. Uncle Gary would hide them well!

Now that I am married, its hard being the two of us to continue these traditions. Elden grew up not doing most of what my Family did. Instead of throwing my self a pitty party, I came up with other ideas.

Today I colored eggs with Elden's four younger siblings. It was a blast as there are so many different kits now to use. I bought a regular one that has the clear crayon and 5 dyes, and two new kits that have 14 carrot gold paint to sponge on! What a blast it was. We couldn't get the color pink to work, and the gold paint was very watery. Haha.

I went to the store to get some supplies for Elden's Easter Basket. It was fun. I found camouflaged plastic eggs, a green basket, reece pieces, a chocolate bunny, chocolate coins and mini reeces peanut butter cups. I completed the basket and had some of my favorite peanut butter cups left over. Sat down on the couch to watch a movie and enjoy some good chocolate. Or so i thought. I bit in the cup and was quick to discover that this was not a peanut butter cup. It was a yucky Carmel cup. I really don't care for those. What a bummer. Hopefully the will bless Elden!

Thursday we will be leaving for Georgia to go see Angeline and Joseph. We are so thrilled to go see them and the town they live in. Double bonus that it will be Easter while we are there. Always nice to be with family on Easter. I hope we will be able to bless and encourage them while we are there. 80 degree weather here we come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment